A little too close to success.

I was about to sign a lease on a beautiful one bedroom on Alabama St with hardwood floors, nice layout and plenty of cabinet space.
And then my boss told me that there wasn’t going to be much work for me for the rest of the year. Hopefully I can count on averaging twenty hours a week until January.
He also told me that I probably shouldn’t sign a lease right now, and it might be a good time to start looking for another job.
Great.
What I could use right now is a back-up job that I can call up anytime I’m not needed at Protocol.

1. meh

Comment by animaetrix00 — September 20, 2004 @ 1:19 pm

2. Hey that really stinks. I gotta say that was pretty blunt to say.

Comment by uuhlisssuh — September 20, 2004 @ 10:32 pm

3. FedEx ramp operations, don’t knock it till you try it. Operating heavy equipment is fun.

Comment by modemx — September 21, 2004 @ 12:54 am

4. D’oh! I’m sorry to hear about that. . . At least your boss was up front with the info. – think of how much worse you’d feel if you HAD signed the lease and found out the news a few months later.

Comment by mollymillions — September 21, 2004 @ 1:41 am

5. Job shopping is even worse than apartment shopping, IMHO. Bueno suerte, mi amigo!

Comment by jacquelyn4444 — September 21, 2004 @ 4:06 am

6. Oh yeah. It definitely could have been worse.

Comment by tone_milazzo — September 21, 2004 @ 7:46 am

7. Hey, at least you didn’t have a crazy/agrro landlady.

Good luck on the job front. Keep looking, things are slowly getting better. Luckily, I don’t have to worry about that for a while.

Comment by sewyrn — September 21, 2004 @ 1:36 pm