I was in Santa Monica for an Intro to .Net class.
On monday it took me three hours to get there. I crashed at jessicasix‘s place in Newport Beach and on Tuesday it took me… three hours to get there. My theory is that Orange Country traffic will adjust to ensure that any trip through it will take at least three hours.

Sixteen hours of driving in two days. Fuck cars.

Another revelation: parking in Santa Monica is worse than San Francisco. It doesn’t get cheaper than $20 a day and just stopping at a traffic light costs 25 cents a minute.

1. Uggghhhh. I hate LA. I drive there as little as possible. Even THROUGH there as little as possible. I went to see La Boheme and left over three hours before the show and.. _just_ made it.

/rant

Comment by animaetrix00 — March 16, 2005 @ 8:04 am

2. Let’s burn it down! Then it’ll be a lot easier to drive through!

Comment by tone_milazzo — March 16, 2005 @ 8:15 am

3. I have some lighter fluid! Would that help?

Comment by mollymillions — March 16, 2005 @ 9:25 am

4. Burn down the city that Grant Morrison and the cast of Six Feet Under call home?
    I’m afraid I must veto this.

Comment by danifesto — March 16, 2005 @ 10:01 am

5. It’s a worm hole.

Comment by leather_lady — March 16, 2005 @ 11:17 am

6. i hate LA but i’m going to an anti-war protest on saturday in hollywood… anyone want to join me in our own special insurgence?

Comment by thunderwhelmed — March 16, 2005 @ 2:12 pm

7. I hate to say it but pulling out of Iraq at this point would do more damage than good, to ourselves and to Iraq.

Comment by tone_milazzo — March 17, 2005 @ 2:49 am

8. “Six Feet Under!” Wooooooooooooo!
    (June is so close!)

Comment by jacquelyn4444 — March 17, 2005 @ 2:50 am

9. Grant Morrison is Immune to Fire-based Attacks as well as having Low Light Vision and +2 vs. Sleep and Charm.

And Six Feet Under is almost over anyway.

Comment by tone_milazzo — March 17, 2005 @ 2:51 am

10. I see it as a different kind of hole.

Comment by tone_milazzo — March 17, 2005 @ 2:51 am

11. that’s bullshit and you know it. let’s not even talk about pulling out if it can’t be done spontaneously, right?

(sorry, it’s been a rough couple weeks)

Comment by thunderwhelmed — March 17, 2005 @ 2:54 am

12. Um… what?

Comment by tone_milazzo — March 17, 2005 @ 2:54 am

13. nevermind

Comment by thunderwhelmed — March 17, 2005 @ 2:55 am

14. Oh no. DO go on.

Comment by danifesto — March 17, 2005 @ 3:08 am

15. ok i will:

just because it wouldn’t be feasible to pull out at right this very moment–withdrawing all troops and military activity, all U.S. “diplomacy”, and any other intervention–doesn’t mean that a plan for a withdraw of any sort that may be accomplished as swiftly as humanly possible should not be discussed. and i’m afraid this discussion is nonexistant. THAT is what disturbs me. We all know that our participation in Iraq (and countless other places in the world) is a tragedy, a travesty, and a horror, so why is there no discourse? I will not sit around and watch my country devastate the rest of the world. that is totally unacceptable and i refuse to be a party to it.

there. happy dan?

Comment by thunderwhelmed — March 17, 2005 @ 3:18 am

16. Surprisingly so.
    Now if you would be so kind as to go back to the double-entendres, I’d be most appreciative.

Comment by danifesto — March 17, 2005 @ 3:24 am