One of my favorite things in the world is to wake up to NPR News, a simple pleasure which will be denied to me while I’m living in Linda Vista. Free Jazz 88 broadcasts from Meas Community College across the street, and their tower sends a column of jazz through my room, bleeding all over the high 80’s, including KPBS 89.5.

Instead of the news of the day I get noodling and static. And since San Diego radio is an even lower grade of shit than the rest of the country endures it looks like I have only one option.

1. There’s always http://www.npr.org and their streaming audio. For that matter, KPBS has streaming audio.

Comment by caramida — May 12, 2005 @ 4:14 pm

2. I suppose I could Schedule a Task and have Winamp fire up at 6:15am evey morning.
    But leaving the computer on all night just to use it as a clock radio seems excessive.

Comment by tone_milazzo — May 13, 2005 @ 1:24 am

3. Ayup. That’s a bit overmuch. So too, would be defeating the radio tower. There are worse things than waking up to Sinatra.

I did it myyyyyyyyyyyyy waaaaaaaaaaay!”

Comment by caramida — May 13, 2005 @ 1:31 am

4. You could also sleep your machine at night and schedule it to wake with Winamp. Alternatively, if you really wanna avoid excessiveness, you can pick up a cheap directional antenna from the shack…

BTW, how tall would you say that tower stands? 馃榾

Comment by sudsyfist — May 13, 2005 @ 2:28 am

5. there’s always the fabulous 570AM that doesn’t play any of that modern music- strict bouts of sinatra followed by the everly brothers and the four tops!

Comment by laureltree — May 13, 2005 @ 3:54 am

6. I’ll look into that, thanks.
    I’m really enjoying 690am, The Lounge. When KPBS isn’t playing world news that’s usually what I listen to.

Comment by tone_milazzo — May 13, 2005 @ 4:09 am

7. When it pertains to gaming looking at a sizeable, noisy bunch, you here is a headset that will block external usb noise隆颅

Comment by sacs lancel soldes — April 16, 2013 @ 7:51 am