I’ve been back at the gym for the last two months and I’ve noticed two things changes since 2003:

1. The weights have gotten smarter.
    Plates that are ten pounds or higher now have handles built into them. Dumbbells are cylindrical octagons rather than cylindrical circles so they don’t roll away. And there is a wider selection of weights; 17.5 lb, 22.5lb etc.
  2. The people have gotten dumber.
    Even though the racks are clearly labeled I have yet to find a dumbbell or barbell in the proper place. I mean, this is not Nam. This is a weight room. There are rules. Am I wrong?
    ::cocks gun::
    HAS THE WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY? AM I THE ONLY ONE HERE WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE RACK LABELS ANYMORE?

1. Ha! Poor gym OCD Tone. . . but I totally understand. When I go to the gym all the free weights are misplaced. This one time I was taking a minute to put my weights back in the RIGHT place when this guy behind me got all huffy. I guess ‘roid boy needed to lift RIGHT NOW!

Comment by mollymillions — May 25, 2005 @ 10:06 am

2. You shoulda dropped ’em on his big muscle-y toes! 馃檪

Comment by jacquelyn4444 — May 25, 2005 @ 10:11 am

3. This is really about you letting all us chicas know you’re doing the weightlifting thing so we can then get all hot and bothered imagining your tall, manly body…straining and sweaty…in very little clothing…in the gym…and your strong hands *pant* wrapped tightly around…*gasp* hot metal!!!

*fans self*
    C’mon. Admit it.

-heads off to take a cool shower-

Comment by aliteraryaffair — May 25, 2005 @ 10:24 am

4. Hot!

Comment by animaetrix00 — May 25, 2005 @ 10:43 am

5. When I was doing my weight routine at the gym, that bugged the crap out of me too. Even worse were people that like, hoarded their weights. I needed to switch between like 8/10/12 for different things, and there would be no 10lb weights! I look around, and there’s several people at different benches and whatnot with like 8217348923 weights stacked around them so they didn’t have to get up and walk 5 feet to switch. Assholes!

Comment by animaetrix00 — May 25, 2005 @ 10:44 am

6. *sighs softly*

You can say that again, sistah!

Comment by aliteraryaffair — May 25, 2005 @ 11:01 am

7. The world has gone mad. You are the last sane man in an insane world of personal fitness. Enjoy it.

Comment by modemx — May 25, 2005 @ 11:20 am

8. Actually, I wear a burqa in the gym.

Comment by tone_milazzo — May 25, 2005 @ 11:32 am

9. Did I ask? }:-) Stay out of my fantasy. Sheesh! Some people.

Comment by aliteraryaffair — May 25, 2005 @ 1:08 pm

10. That was always my biggest complaint about people at the gym. I and the employees of the gym seemed to be the only ones who actually put the weights back where they belonged. Come on people, it’s not hard.

Comment by kirinqueen — May 25, 2005 @ 3:37 pm

11. Whenever I head back to the gym after a long absence, the weights just seem heavier.

Comment by mpschuster — May 25, 2005 @ 10:43 pm