Seems like I got a little extra cash this month. I… oh wait… there is goes.
I’m going for the store wide sale and to see who shows up at a comic book store at midnight than for the Dark Tower comic.
I like The Dark Tower (at least so far, I still have two books to go). But Marvel seems to be going into one of their sucking periods which makes me a cautious.
The Marvel editorial staff probably won’t be able to screw this up since it’s a licensed property, but I’m still going to wait on the trade. So if Wolverine makes a cameo in issue #6 and he and Roland have an inconclusive fight then I won’t feel like I wasted my time.

1. It better not suck! Though now you’re making me want to wait for the trade, too. Grr.

Comment by animaetrix00 — February 6, 2007 @ 1:27 pm

2. Are you going tonight?
    If so what time?

Comment by tone_milazzo — February 6, 2007 @ 1:29 pm

3. Look for Spider-Man in issue 5. The Green Goblin kidnaps Cuthbert and Roland needs Spidey’s help to rescue his friend.

Comment by avantard — February 6, 2007 @ 1:38 pm

4. We joke but Dark Tower is a multiverse, Marvel is a multiverse. It wouldn’t take much effort to have the Black Knight visit Gilead.

Comment by tone_milazzo — February 6, 2007 @ 1:50 pm

5. True. however, because the Dark Tower multiverse is also the Stephen King multiverse, the appearance of any super hero would mean that some level of the Dark Tower is the 616 universe (or vice versa), and then the two cosmologies become too complicated and I blow up the Marvel building.

Anyway, from what I’ve read, King has final say on anything that happens in this series and proofs plots and outlines for each issue, so I’m pretty sure there will be no crossovers of any kind. We’re talking 30+ years of his life’s work here, and I don’t think he’s willing to throw that away for a few more sales.

Comment by avantard — February 6, 2007 @ 2:03 pm

6. Yeah, I’m not seriously worried about damaging the franchise, especially since Peter David’s been doing some of the best work of his career lately.

Comment by tone_milazzo — February 6, 2007 @ 2:26 pm

7. God yes.

The X-Factor Civil War crossovers reeled me in. I can’t believe how well written it’s been. I need to go back and pick up the last couple of trades so I can read what I’ve missed. See, that big ol’ crazy event thing was good for… something. It got me hooked on Brubaker’s Cap America as well, actually.

Comment by avantard — February 6, 2007 @ 2:31 pm

8. So, suppose someone lives in San Diego and would like to buy Chez Geek. Where might that someone go?

Comment by hober — February 6, 2007 @ 2:58 pm

9. Current plan is go home and pack and study then pass out, but I’ll let ya know if I get antsy and am up for it.

Comment by animaetrix00 — February 6, 2007 @ 6:15 pm

10. Game Empire.

Comment by tone_milazzo — February 6, 2007 @ 7:36 pm

11. Yeah so I’ve gotten rather drunk in my packing/sorting frenzy so I think I won’t make it.

*hiccup*

Comment by animaetrix00 — February 6, 2007 @ 10:09 pm

12. Awesome; thanks dude.

Comment by hober — February 7, 2007 @ 10:05 am

13. I seriously miss all the comic book stores in San Diego. There are none near me now. Well there are two that suck tremendously.

Me: Do you have any trades?
    Clerk: No, but we can special order titles for you!

F that, it’s all about a wall of new releases and picking up random shit.

Comment by hezaakun — February 8, 2007 @ 12:06 am

14. I’m pretty sure we’ll be hitting a few stores in Hollywood.

Comment by tone_milazzo — February 8, 2007 @ 12:09 am