I’m curious to see if now, at 36, I can finally grow a beard.

2007 Beard Experiment Week 1

So far it doesn’t seem likely.

1. What kind of Sicilian are you? My Grandpa could grow a beard in 5 hours. =P

Comment by jessimuhka — February 26, 2007 @ 12:02 am

2. Duh, a week. I have poor reading comprehension.

Comment by jessimuhka — February 26, 2007 @ 12:04 am

3. I think I ended up with this length af a beard after sneezing this afternoon.

Comment by jonthegm — February 26, 2007 @ 12:06 am

4. Good luck with that.

Comment by danifesto — February 26, 2007 @ 12:38 am

5. You, my friend, seem to be cursed with a thin beard. Would you like to borrow my mustache?

Comment by mollymillions — February 26, 2007 @ 9:33 am

6. You’re awesome!
    How many girls would lend a fella their mustache? Not many.

Comment by tone_milazzo — February 26, 2007 @ 9:57 am

7. Wow… that’s after a week? I’m impressed! 馃槈

Comment by jacquelyn4444 — February 26, 2007 @ 10:25 am

8. Beards are itchy.

Comment by jessicasix — February 26, 2007 @ 11:26 am

9. Mi bigote es tu bigote, amigo.

Comment by mollymillions — February 26, 2007 @ 12:07 pm

10. I deeply approve of this.

Comment by hezaakun — February 26, 2007 @ 12:58 pm

11. I’m discovering this.

Comment by tone_milazzo — February 26, 2007 @ 1:32 pm

12. Give it time. Mine’s going on 3 years and it’s still not as thick as I’d like.

And watch the bottom trim line. Yours looks pretty good. Seeing George Lucas last night reminded me again how big of a shame it is that no one tells him his bottom trim line needs to be lowered:

Comment by radcapdotcom — February 26, 2007 @ 1:57 pm

13. Also, I neglected to mention getting blitzed in Santa Cruz and petting a man’s beard for thirty minutes, while commenting “more men need facial hair.”

Or at least this is what I was told I did…

Also also, next time Dan wants his face blacked out in pictures with me, he should go for the laughing man.

Comment by hezaakun — February 26, 2007 @ 3:29 pm

14. What’s the laughing man?

Comment by danifesto — February 26, 2007 @ 5:56 pm

15. Ghost in the shell + J.D. Salinger

I’ve never even seen the series, but I’ve seen references. I blame 4chan.

Comment by hezaakun — February 26, 2007 @ 10:40 pm

16. I read “Picking Up the Ghost” this evening over the nastiest cup of coffee I’ve had in years…I’m really impressed (with the book and with the odiousness of the coffee). You’re an excellent writer. More! More!

Comment by inkswirls — March 1, 2007 @ 1:06 am

17. Thanks! I should be finishing up the full first draft this month.
    My goal is to have all the drafts done by Comic Con.

Comment by tone_milazzo — March 1, 2007 @ 9:15 am