June 1, 2007 The Merchandise Place on Earth
DisneyLand Disney Resort Complex(r).
- Bringing Pirates of the Caribbean in
alignment with the movie didn’t ruin the ride for me
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room wasn’t ruined like the
East coast’s Enchanted Tiki Room was.
- I approve of the updated Space Mountain
- They’ve merged Disneyland, the hotel and California Adventure by
building the Downtown Disney District in the middle of it. It’s
grossly commercial the funnel exiting foot traffic through this
mini-mall on their way back to their cars. However, the food in
Disney’s Downtown was far better than anything you
can find in the park and only a little more expensive. Worth the
monorail out and back.
Adventure was better than I was expecting. The
Aladdin musical, Sourin’
Over California and Muppets 3D
shows were especially good.
- The Hotel was nice and there were a lot of neat
in the design.
- The company of a Silly girlfriend.
- Innoventions, the
Morrow’s house of product placement.
- No more Country Bear Jamboree
Strollers. Everywhere we went these hand-powered SUVs clogged up
the walk ways. I know that Disneyland is for kids, but there were
mother pushing around six year olds in these things like they were
invalids. No wonder American kids are getting fatter.
It’s been seven years since my last visit to Disneyland. I think it’ll
be seven more before my next. But if I do, it’ll be at a low-kid time
set @ flickr]