Rockabilly Guys:

• Cover themselves in tattoos, because it’s manly.
  • Work on cars all the time, because it’s manly.
  • Grow sideburns, because it’s manly.

Bears:

• Cover themselves in black leather, because it’s manly.
  • Work out all the time, because it’s manly.
  • Grow mustaches, because it’s manly.

I don’t think I’ll be able to pass by the Zombie Lounge without thinking they do protest too much.

1. Bears are usually kind of doughy, aren’t they?

Comment by danifesto — July 15, 2007 @ 1:06 pm

2. I remember the guys outside that place in North Park were doughy, but they all had really big arms too.

When I was walking around Friday night in my insomnia I passed by the Zombie Lounge and the crowd outside reminded me of those guys. Hence the list.

Comment by tone_milazzo — July 15, 2007 @ 3:37 pm

3. Would you two boys like to join me for an hour on the 28th? just walk to the park near the comic-con and I’ll be dressed very sillily for the Awesome-con. I’d like to see you two again. 馃檪 And whoever else is with ya.

Comment by hezaakun — July 15, 2007 @ 4:29 pm

4. >sniff<>sniff< I smell cosplay.

Comment by tone_milazzo — July 16, 2007 @ 9:35 am

5. A) I believe the quote is they “doth protest too much”. But maybe you were trying to modern it up a bit. . .

B) You are tewtally on with this.

Comment by mollymillions — July 16, 2007 @ 10:56 am

6. a) Isn’t doth the past tense of do? e.g. “My dog doth gone.”

b) There were some girls outside the Zombie, but the body language was very platonic for a group outside a bar at last call. Though to be fair, I didn’t see any guys flirting or anything.

Comment by tone_milazzo — July 16, 2007 @ 12:45 pm

7. A)
    1) Doth is the past tense of the verb to do.
    2) For the line in question, doth (the verb) applies to the protestations of the Rockabillies (in the form of their tattoos, facial hair and car repair). Since all of these protestations have already taken place (ink has been applied to the skin, hair grown, cars fixed) the proper conjugation of the verb would be past tense. The results of the protest are still visible, rendering the protest ongoing, but the acts to which this verb applies have been completed.

B) Maybe the Rockabillies were discussing grammar.

Comment by mollymillions — July 16, 2007 @ 1:07 pm

8. All this grammar talk doth make me hot.

Comment by tone_milazzo — July 16, 2007 @ 1:12 pm

9. Dan’s bear awareness week research FINALLY PAYS OFF.

Comment by mollymillions — July 16, 2007 @ 1:50 pm