Tattoo Tragedy

I was supposed to go under the needle again tomorrow, but as Bill worked on the design he started to have a real bad feeling about putting it on my upper arm. It seems that the design he came up with would push too much detail into areas that don’t hold details over the years.

It could still work as an upper back piece but part of having it on the arm would be to serve as a reminder that the only constant is change.

Back to the drawing board.

1. Such a cool design. .. hopefully you’ll find a place for it eventually.

Comment by mollymillions — January 25, 2008 @ 1:16 pm

2. I’m thinking about having all the same symbols/characters thrashing about in the water…

Comment by tone_milazzo — January 25, 2008 @ 1:23 pm

3. The artwork is fantastic. If you were to get a tat on the back, I personally think this would be one of the better ones I’ve seen. I’m not saying the arm would be bad, but it seems like a centerpiece work to me, and something that would look good big.

Comment by infopractical — January 25, 2008 @ 1:47 pm

4. Would that fit well on the back of your calf? Round tattoos tend to look really good there.

Comment by avantard — January 25, 2008 @ 2:25 pm

5. I got huge calves so probably. But there’s still the whole want-to-see-it-every-day aspect that wouldn’t come across behind me.

Comment by tone_milazzo — January 25, 2008 @ 5:10 pm

6. OK, centered on your navel then?

Or uhm.. on Mel’s ass?

YEAH! THAT’S THE TICKET!

馃榾

Comment by avantard — January 25, 2008 @ 5:17 pm

7. just what i was thinking.

Comment by bottlroktt — January 26, 2008 @ 9:38 am

8. Ha! While my ass does have a lot of available real estate, I do have clothes on it a lot of the day. . . most days. . .

Comment by mollymillions — January 28, 2008 @ 9:26 am

9. I want to respond to your comment about your ass, but regardless of which direction I go in my compliment can be misinterpreted as an insult. *gulp*

Comment by avantard — January 28, 2008 @ 10:05 am

10. Hahah! I see you are not comforatable with ladies asses. Fortunately you and I both have senses of humor 馃槈

Comment by mollymillions — January 28, 2008 @ 10:41 am

11. Oh, I’m ok with them. It’s just that, if I say “What? You don’t have a big ass!” and then maybe you think I am saying you have no ass and are insulted, or if I say “Yeah, talk about real estate!” then you think I am saying you have a hug ass and get self conscious and insulted. Either way, I’m a jerkface!

Comment by avantard — January 28, 2008 @ 10:45 am

12. I sees. Still, I don’t think you’re a jerk-face. A jerk-face would never have given me a copy of mouse guard 馃檪

Comment by mollymillions — January 28, 2008 @ 12:05 pm

13. Oh well in that case, you’re welcome you big ass no ass!

Comment by avantard — January 28, 2008 @ 12:06 pm

14. Or is that no ass big ass?

Comment by avantard — January 28, 2008 @ 12:07 pm