Fake Progress!

The fake books are in!

Fake Progress

This isn’t real publishing. My writer’s workshop needed hard copies of the novel to read and Lulu was cheaper than photocopies.
But I have to say that I’m pretty impressed with the print quality. Print-on-demand has come a long way.
The workshop will be giving me their feedback on the 10th. Hopefully this draft won’t require an extensive rewrite and I’ll be submitting to publishers before Spring.

Filed under: Book Stuff,LiveJournal Days

1. It looks real to me – are they like hardcopies you would find in the store? – that musta cost a lot!

Comment by demonslayer — December 30, 2008 @ 4:37 pm

2. Seeing something you wrote well-bound in print for the first time, complete with cover art…is one of the most deeply satisfying experiences ever.

Good luck!

Comment by infopractical — December 30, 2008 @ 10:07 pm

3. Just $10 each. Print on demand has gotten cheaper too.

Comment by tone_milazzo — December 30, 2008 @ 11:21 pm

4. what? really? thats so cool!
    is “self publshing” still frowned down upon in the bookworld? I mean it’s only like making your own record and being an indie artist right? and that’s cool!

what was the site you used Tone?

Comment by demonslayer — December 31, 2008 @ 9:24 am

5. I think the big difference is that to make an indie record you need instruments, recording equipment and some level of talent.

To self publish you just need a computer. It’s too easy for anyone to bang out 200 or more incomprehensible pages and there are too many people doing just that.

There’s a lot of dreck in the self-publishing world and no one wants to go through it all to find what might be worth reading.

I used lulu.com.

Comment by tone_milazzo — December 31, 2008 @ 12:28 pm

6. This looks awesome!

Comment by aliteraryaffair — December 31, 2008 @ 10:22 pm

7. Said it once, but I’ll say it again. So proud of you!

Comment by mollymillions — January 1, 2009 @ 9:51 am

8. fake congrats! (actually, real congrats)

Comment by bottlroktt — January 1, 2009 @ 7:00 pm

9. They look great! I’m sure it feels comforting holding it your hands after so much work. Congrats!

Comment by Nicco — January 12, 2009 @ 2:45 pm